Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet Freedom Bakery, One word "AMAZING!"



I finally had a chance to go to Sweet Freedom Bakery on South Street in Philadelphia yesterday; and, I am officially hooked! It will now be my "go to" place for delicious baked goodies. As all you gluten free goers know, it's hard to find moist yummy baked treats. Well, I found the place! It's a little piece of heaven in our fare city and I can't wait to go back. Only problem is...with all these sweet treats I'm going to have to buy some bigger jeans. Haha. But it's so worth it!

The bakery is completely allergen friendly. They pride themselves on being gluten free, egg free, corn free, vegan, dairy free, soy free, casein free, peanut free, no refined sugar and kosher. (I hope I'm not missing anything.) The bakery itself is super cute and welcoming. The staff was extremely helpful and kind and all the baked goods looked amazing. As soon as I got home I opened my bakery box and took photos (which you see here) of the beautiful selection of desserts I chose. The first thing I tried was their cake balls. It's a mix of chocolate and vanilla cake covered in chocolate. It was moist, delicious and I wished I bought two! I told my boyfriend that my next birthday cake must be made by them! I also bought a chocolate chip cookie, carrot cake cupcake with vanilla icing, an oatmeal raisin sandwich cookie with vanilla frosting in the middle, an apple crisp square, chocolate chip banana bread and a fruit and oat tart with caramel. I can't wait to devour the rest, but am trying to savor each gluten free goodie.

I cannot tell you enough how yummy the baked goods are at Sweet Freedom. Even if you do not have any kind of dietary restrictions you  must go! It's truly a dream come true for me with my gluten sensitivity. 

For more information you can click their logo to the right or go to www.sweetfreedombakery.com.