Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy Gluten-Free New Year! I fell a bit of the gluten-free train during the holidays, and boy did I pay for it! From an upset stomach, bowel issues, heat flashes and sore muscles, my body has once again reminded me that gluten is not my friend.

So with this new year, and many new resolutions I'm starting fresh with my diet once again. It was hard to avoid those flour filled treats around the holidays, especially the ones that are tradition. And it was my first Christmas and New Year's being gluten-free, so it was a tough one to say the least. But, my New Year's resolution for 2011 is "to take better care of myself." Whether that is to take the time to relax with a nice hot bath or to take a break during my week to meet a friend for a walk; I'm going to remember to take care of ME.

I started last night by taking the time to do the elliptical machine at my house for 20 minutes and then do a nice set of yoga stretches. It felt so good to move my body more then what it is used to these days. I then took a long hot shower and even sat in the bottom of the basin and closed my eyes and just reflected on my day. Now, if only I can keep this up for the next 360 days out of the year... As you can see, I'm not very good at keeping up with my blog these days either. But, that will be another resolution that I can hopefully stick with!

Well until tomorrow... or the next day... good luck on your resolutions!

Cas