Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Smell the Rice - Potato - Gluten Free Flour!

Well it sure has been a looooonnnnng time since I have posted anything on this blog! A lot has happened in the past year as well. Including my sensitivity or allergy to wheat, rye and barley. My doctor's and I are still not 100% or not if I have Celiac's but after months of abdominal pain; which led to several blood tests, CT scans, ultrasounds etc... I cut gluten out of my diet. Two weeks after going gluten-free (gf) I woke up pain free! So therefore I'm convinced that my pain was from what I was eating.

Since my new-found pain free, gluten-free life, I have learned a lot about what goes into my body and how it makes me feel. Going gluten free has had it's ups and downs and I'm not going to lie, it's been tough at times. But, if I feel better that is was matters the most!

The biggest challenge for me thus far was my craving for white bread with peanut butter on it. I have never been a huge fan of white bread, I used to go for whole grain or whole wheat, but when it's something you know you can't have it make the cravings even worse. My mission was to find a gf bread that I didn't need to toast to taste good. But instead, one that I could take right out of the package and eat as is. Well I finally found one that I LOVE! And here it is...

Udi's Gluten-Free White Sandwich Bread...


I have also tried Udi's Gluten Free Bagels, which are amazing! One, they don't weigh 50 pounds like most of the gf brand out there and two, they taste awesome!

If anyone else out there has any gluten-free suggestions feel free to comment or email me! I would love to hear from you!

I'm going to try to be more active on this blog and post more gluten-free items on a regular basis.

Cheers for now!