Monday, July 20, 2009
I love iced coffee and now that it's summer I have been experimenting with several different kinds of iced coffee... From local coffee shops to my own homemade. So far my homemade recipe tops the ones I have been purchasing while out and about around town. Here's the recipe... let me know what you think!
– First you need a French coffee press and coffee grinder.
– Then your favorite whole bean coffee (I use Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee that I brought back from the tropical island)
– Grind about 4 to 5 tbsp of whole bean coffee. Make sure you grind it so it's course and NOT finely ground.
– Pour your ground coffee into the French press.
– Fill with cold water.
– Let the coffee steep over night in the refrigerator.
– The next morning, push the ground down to the bottom of your coffee press.
– Then pour the desired amount over ice and add cream. (You may also add milk, but cream gives it a much richer flavor.)
– Note if you like your coffee sweetened, it's best to make some simple syrup. I do this by mixing a little bit of hot water and sugar.
Posted by Cassandra Louise at 5:46 PM