I have adjusted the Crepe recipe slightly since I have made them before and they have never failed me. I also made the filling first and set it aside while I then made the crepes. As soon as the first crepe was done cooking I would fill it with the chicken mixture; and then continue to do this as each crepe was coming off the skillet. Therefore the original directions from allrecipes.com will be slightly adjusted below.
Tried and tested by yours truly and approved by my other half... this dinner turned out amazingly!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk, room temperature
3 large eggs, room temperature
5 tablespoons unsalted melted butter, plus more for skillet
1/2 teaspoon salt
Olive and Chicken Curry Filling:
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups diced celery
1 cup diced onion
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup milk
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1/2 cup warm water
3/4 cup sliced black olives
2 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken breast meat
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh ground black pepper (optional) to taste
- To Make Filling: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and saute celery and onion until just barely tender. Stir in flour, salt and curry, blending well. Dissolve bouillon in water, then pour milk and bouillon mixture into skillet, stirring until well mixed and thickened. Add olives and chicken and mix all together. Set aside.
- To Make Crepes: In a medium bowl combine the flour, milk, eggs, butter and salt and beat together for 1 minute, until you have a smooth, thin batter.
- Heat a lightly greased or buttered large skillet over medium heat, pouring in a thin layer of crepe batter that covers bottom of pan. Brown on both sides. Once browned take crepe off the skillet and fill with the chicken mixture. Wrap like a burrito and then set on a non-stick baking sheet. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the filled crepes with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.