Monday, May 11, 2009

Best Homemade Beef Burgers!



As Memorial Day approaches a lot of people will be having a BBQ. I love making hamburgers on the grill and I have perfected my recipe for them in the past year of grilling in Cayman. They are moist and juicy and I have gotten compliments from even the most critical BBQ "connoisseurs" in my life... mostly men. Mind you I don't measure my ingredients for this, I will use more or less depending on the texture and feel of the meat when I'm mixing it with my hands. Here is the recipe...

Hamburger Meat (I usually buy a package of fresh ground 85% lean sirloin meat in about 1.5 pound package)
1 egg or 2 if you are using more then 1.5 pounds of ground beef.
A1 Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce
Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Garlic Clove minced
Parsley
Dried Bread Crumbs

I then mix all the ingredients with my hands and then roll into patties. With 1.5 pounds of beef I get about 4 hamburgers. Then grill the burgers to desired temperature. Serve with fresh sliced tomato, sliced aged cheddar, red onion, lettuce, and grilled mushrooms (if you want.) Enjoy and happy grilling this summer!