Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Simple Salmon:


I love cooking with Salmon. It's a simple easy delicious fish to make for dinner or lunch. Here are a few toppings/marinades I use when I cook Salmon. I never measure when making my marinade, I just use more or less depending on the size of the fish. I also always start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and once in the oven I put the timer on for 28 minutes.

Marinade #1: Soy Honey Sauce
Soy Sauce
Honey
Cracked black pepper
Parsley

Marinade #2: Lemon Pepper
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Cracked black pepper
You can also leave slices of the lemon on top of the fish while it cooks

Marinade #3: BBQ Salmon
In a small bowl mix the following:
Honey (about a 1/4 cup)
Worcestershire Sauce (only about 2 tsp)
Ketchup (about 1/4 cup or more)
Black pepper
Garlic

Mix to taste by adding more ketchup or honey depending on how sweet or savory you want your bbq sauce to be, then spread on top of salmon and then bake.

Marinade #4: Honey Dijon Mustard
Honey
Dijon Mustard
Black pepper
Garlic
Parsley

You can mix all of these ingredients together in a small bowl or mix right on top of the salmon.

Marinade #5: Just Herbs, Spices and Citrus
Parsley
Black Pepper
Dried Garlic
Fresh squeezed lemon and lime



I usually serve my salmon with either rice or a baked potato and asparagus. Salmon is a great fish to experiment on with several different flavors. I tend to keep mine rather basic, but I'm sure I will come up with more a long the way and post them here.