Thursday, March 26, 2009

Easy Spinach Dip:


I'm not sure how most people make their spinach dip, but the other day when I wanted to make my own I came up with the following recipe:

Ingredients:
10 oz. pack frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained from any excess water
Approx. 8 oz Sour Cream
Approx. 2 tablespoons mayo (use more or less to suit your taste)
Chopped red onion (use more or less to suit your taste, I used about a quarter of a medium sized onion)
Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
A dash of salt
Dried Garlic and Parsley Mix (use more or less to suit your taste, this item can be found in the spice section at your grocery store)

Directions:
Basically I added all the ingredients and mixed them all together. I then transferred them into a bowl and served with garlic pita. You can use just plain pita bread as well. It's a quick delicious appetizer for any night of the week.